Fishing is a fun activity that most of us forget about in the summertime. For those who enjoy this recreational sport, fishing has become a family tradition, and everyone has their preference for fishing equipment. Whether it is modern or traditional, what matters the most when you are on a fishing trip is to have the right fishing gear.
A nylon fishing net is a popular option for many anglers who prefer to fish with conventional tackle. These nets are lightweight and can easily be carried anywhere you go. It is not only portable, but it is also very affordable. On the other hand, a rubber fishing net is a better choice for those who want a more advanced option. These nets are made to hold more weight. Rubber nets are also durable and sturdy, making them perfect for carrying in the fishing boat or on the shoreline.
What Is A Rubber Net?
A rubber net is a type of fishing net that is made of rubber. Anglers mainly use it to catch larger fish in the deep water. The rubber nets are lightweight and can easily be carried anywhere you go. However, rubber can be quite expensive.
Rubber VS Nylon Fishing Net Comparison
It is both advantageous and disadvantageous to use a rubber versus nylon fishing net.
A rubber net is more flexible than nylon, and it can be molded into various shapes. Therefore, it can easily be adapted to meet your needs. It can also be dyed in any color that you want to customize to your preference.
Strength & Durability:
Rubber has a higher breaking strength than nylon. In addition, because it is denser than nylon, it can hold more weight.
Nylon is much cheaper than rubber. In this case, if you are working with a limited budget, a nylon net would be a better option.
Rubber nets reduce harm to fish because of their soft surface, unlike nylon which has a hard texture.
Environmental Fish Friendly:
Both rubber and nylon are biodegradable, so using them would not do any harm to the environment. But it is better to use a rubber net because it is made from natural rubbers derived from plants and trees.
A rubber net has more profound scooping power, meaning that it can hold more weight than nylon nets. Rubber nets also have over 60% rebound capacity, which makes them more durable and flexible. Plus, rubber is an excellent absorbent. Fish do not cling to the net because of its soft texture.
A Comparison Of Rubber And Nylon Landing Nets
The landing net is an essential part of the ego fishing tool. Whether you are catching fish on a boat or from shore, a landing net is convenient. The landing nets are used to land and hooked fish, which is why they ought to be strong enough to cope with a heavy catch.
- Rubber landing nets are designed to be lightweight and portable. They have fiberglass handles and foam-filled steel rings that provide optimal durability.
- Nylon landing nets are solid and durable, although not as lightweight as rubber nets. They are designed with aluminum handles, heavy-duty rings, and mesh netting.
- Rubber nets can be dyed in any color that you want to customize to your preference.
- Rubber nets can hold more weight than nylon nets, which is vital for people who need to carry large fish.
- Rubber nets are excellent absorbents, as they do not allow fish to cling to the surface.
- Rubber nets have profound scooping power, meaning that they can hold more weight than nylon nets. As a result, people who need to carry large fish or catch a lot at once will find them helpful.
The larger spaces allow for a faster water flow, so fly fishers primarily use them. Although the nylon mesh is more popular than any other type of net, each of the nets has its advantages and disadvantages.
Rubber net mesh ropes are made from natural rubber derived from plants and trees. Over the years, scientists and anglers have tested these natural rubbers and found them safe for fish health and humans alike. In addition, the small spaces allow for a slow water flow, which is why they are most effective in shallow waters.
This mesh is a combination of nylon and rubber. It is made of natural rubber and nylon because it gets the best from both materials. The knotless mesh is one of the most popular choices for anglers because it is solid and lightweight.
Fishing Knots-Their Importance & Their Uses
Fishing Knots play a vital part in fishing. However, most anglers are not experts at tying knots, so they would instead use netting that does not need to be tied, especially when they are in a hurry.
- When working with nylon nets, anglers tend to use knots that are fast and easy to tie, such as the clinch knot. In addition, since nylon is thicker than rubber nets, it is easier to tie a knot with this type of netting.
- One of the most effective knots for rubber nets is the Palomar Knot because it can prevent the rubber from slipping through the rings. If you buy a net that does not require tying, you will save money versus purchasing a broken ring.
- When fly fishing with rubber nets, you can use the overhand knot to attach the netting to the handle of your fishing rod. This knot is not only fast and easy to tie, but it also prevents a lot of water from entering your fly fishing net.
The size of the net determines the mesh sizes used in rubber nets. You may prefer specific mesh sizes, but others may depend on which kind of fish you’re targeting.
- Nylon meshes have a system that allows you to select between various sizes at a very affordable price. According to your preferences, you choose small meshes, medium ones, and large ones.
- Rubber nets use uniformity when creating their nets. Since their size and shape are uniforms, they are easy to identify. However, some people prefer rubber nets with larger meshes because they can hold more fish.
There Are Various Types Of Handles
Sturdy Handle: The handles of rubber nets can hold more weight than nylon nets. Consequently, they are more enjoyable to use. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to carry or hold your catch because of the thick rings. Rubber handles should be treated with Silicone spray to prevent them from sliding off the handle.
Telescoping Handle: A telescoping handle is another popular choice for Kayak anglers. The handle extends and retracts just like the ones in your camera, although not as long. Aluminum or steel handles have usually attached to either side of the mesh, depending on your preference.
Aluminum Handle: The aluminum handle is lightweight and durable, making it more affordable than steel and titanium. However, it can still hold a lot of pressure and water since it is corrosion-resistant. The aluminum handle is also great for people who like to fish alone because you do not have to make an extra effort when carrying or holding your catch.
Coated Mesh Nets VS Non-coated Mesh
Nylon nets are coated, meaning they have a coating layer that protects the net’s surface. In addition, it also prevents the mesh from snagging in the netting.
- Some anglers prefer using coated meshes because they do not have to be cleaned after every use.
- Because rubber nets are made of natural rubber, they are not coated. However, rubber mesh has been treated with polyurethane, which makes the netting more durable and waterproof.
- Nylon-coated nets trap water, fish, and dirt, which makes cleaning the net difficult. By keeping the net clean and dry, you reduce the chance of sunlight damaging the coating layer and allow your net to last longer.
- Non-coated fishing nets will not cause a significant drop in your fishing line strength.
- Rubber coating mesh nets have a smoother texture, making it easier for fish to swim through or escape from the net.
Nylon nets are faster than rubber nets, which is why anglers prefer them. However, rubber nets are more effective at holding fish, which is why they are more popular. In addition, rubber nets do not catch dirt or weeds as quickly as nylon nets, meaning they can last longer. Therefore, even though nylon nets are famous, rubber nets are the best option for catching fish.